hmmmmmmm, sorry if off topic and uncouth. I've a rather simple question or two
if  you please.

1. On a scale of 1-10, how important is W3C validation?
2. How does one convince folks that it is important?
3. Is valid code important to SE?
4. Does it follow, that those who don't care about validation also don't
consider accessibility?

I've decided that telling people it is important is like telling my 5 year old
granddaughter that a tissue is better then her shirt sleeves.

Yes the honey, the shirt is convenient, it works and you don't have to go about
looking for a tissue. On the other hand, if you use your shirt it's nasty.

If I were google had to crawl nasty shirt sleeves, I certainly would think
twice before trying it again.

Happy Holidays Everyone