Hi

Your problem has two sides:

1.      database side

*       you can use mySQL or postgreSQL (more flexible, it is my point of
view ) ) with utf8 (for europena language, not assian it is more than
enough)

*       build a language table (usefull if you wish to add in future other
language)

*       every single other tables which contain text/link/name… which need
to be stored in more language should be linked (secKey) by language table.
Do not create multiple fields for each language.

Each content should be on 2 rows in your case, one for En and one for Fr.

2.      application side

*       you can use JavaScript / Jscript (client side)

*       create a class (my_lng.class) in php or asp for example and any
time, in a specific page you need some contents from a “Multilanguage
content table” get data from that table and store in JS array.

You can extract and display straight (no script) but in that case you must
reload pages or use HTMLRequest.

Note : For messages, I mean all appear on screen you need anyway a language
txt file for each language.

What you want to do is not simple at all.  I have implemented this system
for many sites, one of them with millions of records and hundreds of tables
(I worked in Europe for a while).

Kind Regards,

Lari Corifeanu
Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Tel- 02-9699-0088
Tel- 02-9699-4099
87-97 Regent Street, Chippendale, Sydney, 2008

www.sydneyweb.com.au  <http://www.sydneyweb.com.au/>

www.sydneyseo.com.au <http://www.sydneyseo.com.au/>   get your website found
by search engines.

www.powermail.com.au <http://www.powermail.com.au/>   Our newsletter product
- keep in touch with your clients and prospects.

  _____