Hi guys

Which is more accessible to screen readers and the like?

display: none;

or

position: absolute;
left: -9999px;

I think I've read that screen readers will read content that is
positioned off-screen, but will not read content that is set to
display: none.

You need to keep in mind that some users will have CSS on, but images will
be turned off.

That means that if your text is positioned off screen, and images are off,
nothing will be displayed.

It's really important to remember this when you're using Images as text for
headings and navigation.

Users who might do this are people in rural and regional areas, who have a
poor Internet connection, or even some users of mobile devices.

So... what's the workaround for this??

Try not to use images for text in essential elements such as headings,
navigation and content.

Lisa