On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:32:15 -0000, Patrick Bruno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the standards use of the <map> and <area> tags (like I'm doing here on the 2007 image of the left column: http://www.heliosdg.com/mgcaf/)? I did some testing by turning images off in IE7 and Firefox but the alt tag

Attribute!

data doesn't appear. Does that mean screen readers can't find the information?

No (which is not to say that they can either), but it does mean that people using those browsers with images disabled (Gosh, bandwidth on Vodafone is expensive, I'll turn images off) will have problems.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/mapalt.html is a good document on the subject.

--
David Dorward
  <http://dorward.me.uk/> - Freshly redesigned