Hi ya Garret and welcome!

I Just signed on to the list serve. I have done a 72v conversion to an FJ1100 and am still fine tuning it and am looking to do another conversion this summer.

Rumor is you sold it, too?

Is there a was to search a message archive for the list? I don't want to ask questions that have already been answered.

Not the best solution but it's be best we've found. Not all the messages are there but the bulk of 'em are.

http://www.mail-archive.com/listserv@electricmotorcycles.net

Most of the noise on the bike is from the chain. I was looking at going to a belt drive like the harleys.

By far and away, the chain is the loudest part of my bike too. On a side note, I'm not sure if it's coming from the Alltrax or the Etek but something makes a cute little noise when you roll off the throttle. Sorta like a turbine spinning down. Peeeewwwww. It's kinda neat.

I've thought about belt drive and even did a quick eBay search for Harley belt drive or something like that but that's as far as I've gotten.

On a semi-related topic: I was poking around the local library looking at old motorcycle mechanics books and saw that some of the older Harley's had a two speed transmission that was an add on or something to the three speed tranny that was common at the time.

Should I go back to that book?

Mike
--

The Electric Motorcycle Portal