Your current numbers look much higher than I would have expected.  Years ago
when I first put together my motorcycle, after I had the motor and sprockets
mounted, I took it out for a couple of test runs with a battery in my lap and a
pair of jumper cables.  With one 12 volt 16 ahr Hawker it pulled about 20 amps
and barely crawled along at perhpas 1 -2 mph.  Two batteries in series bumped
the current up to about 40 amps and a brisk walking speed 3 in series up to
around 80 amps although I don't think I ever let it get up to speed as the
battery terminal started getting real hot and the jumper cable tried to weld in
place before I could pull it off.  Since there was no controller, the battery
amps and motor amps were the same.

The closest point of comparison between your chart and my experience is
probably with me riding with the two Hawkers and you running at 5 mph.  I was
on the pavement and you in the grass so that counts for something, but to make
the numbers easy, if my batteries were sagging to 20 volts and pushing 40 amps
it took me about 800 watts to move at roughly the same speed you were going
with 2667 watts.  Something in your setup is much less efficient than mine.
Typically 2667 watts would be enough to hold me cruising at 20+ mph.

damon
> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:31:47 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> listserv@electricmotorcycles.net> Subject: Re: [ElectricMotorcycles] BMW
> update - data> > I hope I'm not double-posting; I think the first email was
> sent from > the wrong address. Anyway....> > I realized I should have taken
> data before taking my direct drive apart. > So I put it back together and
> connected my Palm AXEmon to the Alltrax. > This is all with a 36V pack made
> up of 3 12V Hawker SBS-60 (60 A-H) > SLAs. Here's what I found:> > MotI:
> Motor Amps> BatI: Battery Amps> Watts: Watts (Battery Amps x Battery Volts)>
> % : Percent throttle> Condition: I ran three tests: the motor by itself in
> the frame, motor > connected to drive train with wheel lifted up, and actual
> runs over > fairly flat grassy area> > MotI BatI Watts % Condition> 23 2.3 85
> 10 Motor only, no load> 32 8.0 290 25 same> 32 3.2 117 10 Motor,shaft,wheel
> raised up (no load)> 59 14.7 528 25 same> 312 78.0 2667 25 Running on flat
> grassy area - maybe 5 MPH> 473 165.5 5397 35 same, but faster speed - maybe
> 10 MPH> > I found it didn't take much to rail out the controller (500A). The
> > brushes were pretty warm after a few minutes of riding around at low
> speed.> > Has anyone else taken data under no load? Do the numbers look
> reasonable?> > Thanks,> > SteveS> > > > .>
Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail.
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_5gb_112008