I was wondering if anyone has any positive or negative usage reports with
lithium batteries.
I've got a 48v/ etek/ millipac conversion that needs new batteries and I'm
shopping.  Discharge max 300 amps so that rules out a lot of them.  I was
considering a custom pack from High Tech Systems in Denver
http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/index.html using A123 cells which I know
will be good but I've heard of 5 year shelf life on lithium batteries and that
would get come up before the cycle life in my usage, so it's hard to justify a
~$800 battery depreciation cost per year.

I've used lead acid and been unhappy with the power density and cycle life of
about 150 till the range is too short.  I'm using flooded nicad now and am
pretty happy, especially since I can change out a single cell.  In 100 cycles
I've pulled out 2 shorted cells.  The don't sag in voltage much and don't need
a BMS.

Does anyone have usage experience with lithium batteries at a couple hundred
amps that could share?  Thanks,
Garret Maki