Hi all,

I've got a customer who is getting a 404 screen (full blown IIS 404 and
not SharePoint) when they are trying to delete the document.

They are running WSS v3 on a Windows Server 2003 standard box in a
Windows Domain.

Event Log reports nothing.
WSS logs report nothing.

The URL which is spitting out the 404 is :
http://site.com.au/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001&Cmd=Delete&List={2A5CFF6
5-067D-4200-9818-127DFD35CA39}&ID=1&owsfileref=%2FShared%20Documents%2FT
estfile%2Etxt&NextUsing=http%3A%2F%2Fsite%2Ecom%2Eau%2FShared%2520Docume
nts%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx

So, me being me, I tried to hit http://site.com.au/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll i
got the 404 and indeed got the 404 error. (.dll isn't  exactly what you
would call a friendly file on a web server)

So to check it out on a SharePoint installation which I know works, I
hit up the same URL, but on my blog (without the query string
components) . i.e. http://www.danielbrown.id.au/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll

I get prompted to sign in, then get a nice error saying "Cannot complete
this action". Nice, all fine and dandy.

I suspect it is IIS blocking of .dll file extension or something
similar.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Cheers & Thanks,

Daniel