I agree with you Bill - Microsoft need an advanced level SharePoint
certification.

But here’s the thing. Microsoft do get tough when they want to. I was a Cisco
CCNP from 2003-2006, but the CCNP exams were actually not as hard the one-off
NT4 MCSE to Win2k MCSE exam. For those that were around at that time, Microsoft
were stung by the number of ‘paper MSCE’ that were running around doing dumbass
things. So they made a free exam for any NT4 MCSE to jump straight to Win2k
MSCE and you only had one shot at it. Fail and you have to sit all MCSE exams
again. If I recall it was a 4-6 hour sucker and was by far, the single hardest
vendor cert exam I ever did and I had to take two weeks off work to study it.
Apparently only 11% people passed it.

All the NT4 MCSE whined big time about how hard it was but I wholeheartedly
supported the increased toughness to try and regain some credibility to the
MCSE credential.

But in doing the two SharePoint exams (non dev), it feels like they have gone
back to NT4 MSCE style thinking. It was ridiculously easy and proves very
little. :-(

Regards

Paul