From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ajay
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:53 PM
To: listserver@ozmoss.com
Subject: Re: [OzMOSS] RE: create SharePoint development same as production site

I have been using backup/restore for deployment between different environments
and then I found this....

Be aware that backup/restore of MOSS content databases between server farms are
not fully supported! Official documentation of this support limitation is
currently in the works. The supported way to transfer content between server
farms is to use STSADM -o export/import or content deployment. Backup/restore
is only supported for the same server farm

http://blogs.technet.com/stefan_gossner/archive/2008/03/12/common-error-situation-with-when-using-backup-restore-to-transfer-a-database-to-a-new-farm-on-moss-2007.aspx

Though I haven't had the error in the above post so far and have deployed about
15 web applications so far...

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Michael Nemtsev <[EMAIL