I use DenyIP 1.1 to view what is connected. It can list user, domain/ip, port/node, protocol and application. It can also block a domain/ip. Its cleaner and easier than MacSniffer or Sniffles. Only irritation is you can't keep it on screen. (it autocloses if you click off of it)

It doesn't appear that the developer is updating or hosting it any more as their website is no longer active.