Christopher Stone wrote:
At 16:02 +0200 04/13/2006, Little Snitch Support wrought:

This is the most informative string I could find in the darn thing:

 com.igeekinc.indelible.client.executor.Executor

It could belong to "Indelible Desktop Backup" by iGeek:

Hey Johannes,

Thanks.  That helped me track it down.

I was testing backup software yesterday for a client.

I installed Prosoft's DataBackup, and from the looks of the iGeek product it's the same thing.

http://prosofteng.com/products/data_backup_info.php

Launching DataBackup.app on my system it tries to connect to 'Executor' and fails.

Boy I don't like it when software installs unidentifiable junk on my system (especially startup items) without my permission.

The funny thing is that it tried to connect to the internet without the application running. Very naughty.

I sure wish the system would let me set a waypoint prior to installs and let me see exactly what changes took place. I'm taking a look at Yank at the moment, and it seems to have the ability to watch an installer at work and keep track of what is installed.

Best Regards,

Chris

Chris,

Does Prosoft's DataBackup have a call home in the preferences to check for updates?

I'm sure you're aware that it's best to uncheck that call home feature.

I was just curious if you had inadvertently left it to on.

Thanks,

Walter