Hello, & gruess Gott,
before I post my question about this generally good programme, let me tell you
that your refusal to provide a simple and clear link/email address to reach the
support directly , well -  sucks. This
"Send Email to Objective Development" -Form is completely useless for me, for
it tries to open AppleMail, which I dit never use for the simple reaon, that my
MacMini has no modem. So I am sending this question in hope of enlightenment,
to this list instead of the developers...

Since i configured my MacMini for my ISP ( PPeE / DSL, which I used with my OS
9 Mac without such behaviour for years)  it dialed up my ISP without any
interference by me. If I disconnected, it took 1-2 minutes and it dialed up
again. That was relly a pain in the xxx. I didn´t find the culprit, though I
unwittlingly eliminated the evildoer and in the process bought little snitch,
that showed me the interesting behaviour of other applications I didn´t know
about before.

(The culprit must have been one of the following, though I can not reproduce
exactly which one:
- Date & Time Preference setting to check automatically with atomic/apple clock
- Network,PPOE, PPoE-Options set to automatically connect
- Sharing - selected to connect automatically to sth
- Software Update set to check for updates automatically
- Quicktime set to automatically search for updated software
- iTunes set to automatically look for updates)

Quite a lot of applications,that wanted to "phone home", but they were finally
stopped.
The problem returned, after I installed the Tor/Privoxy-package for Mac.
Without any notification, the Mac called my ISP, the Activity-Monitor Programme
from Apple showed nothing conspicious and Little Snitch gave no warning. But it
prompted me with all the Tor attempts to connect to one of the numerous Tor
servers, which could be fortunately defused by (not) allowing Tor to connect to
wherever it wanted, without further user-intervention.

The strange thing is, that Little Snitch does not report which programme,
process or daemon causes the Mac to dial "home" in the first place. The Mac
does that virtually instantly after logging in. Only after that connection is
established, does Little Snitch prompt which programme wants to connect to
which port. After deactivating Tor I tried that with the Software Update
Preference Pane (checks for software updates automatically) and here as well
Little Snitch didn´t report that or why the Mac was dialing a number in the
first place, but prompting me with the appropriate messages AFTER that that
connection had been initiated and established. Is there any possiblity for
snitch to tell instantly, which process  wants the Mac to establish a
PPoE-Connection?

Thanks in advance

ferdi

P.S. Yes, I have registered and Little Snitch rellay is a very useful
application, btw. I am on a G4 MacMini on a OS 10.4.6.