On 6/27/06, Little Snitch Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Timothy!

On Jun 25, 2006, at 14:24, Timothy Bright wrote:

If you enter an IP address in the server field when manually creating
a rule in Little Snitch, a triangle button will appear to the right
of this field. With this you can choose an IP address range for the
rule instead of the single IP address you entered.

Yes, i had tried this initially but I was still getting LS alerts.
Upon further inspection it turns out that I had not specified a wide
enough IP range.

To determine the IP address of a given host name (like www.obdev.at),
you can use the command "host" - e.g.:

Launch Terminal.app (from /Applications/Utilities), enter the command:

   host www.obdev.at

and press RETURN.

Thanks for that tip, Johannes.  It looks like it will be especially
helpful in crafting rules for services like Google which have a domain
name 'aliased' to several IPs.

Thanks,
Timothy