> Based on your earlier post I was able to understand how to use filter for
> transcoding.and I'am able to transcode the video stream.
> However I have one problem in it. I cannot use 1 stream coming from the
> camera to be transcoded to multiple transcoded images.

When you say “1 stream from the camera […] transcoded to multiple transcoded
images” do you mean:
        1) the ability for multiple 'front-end' clients to access the proxy
stream concurrently, with each of these front-end clients getting an
(identical) copy of the transcoded stream, or
        2) allowing the proxy server to serve two (or more) different named
streams that come from a single input ‘back-end’ stream, with each of the
proxied streams being transcoded into a different codec and/or a different

If you’re asking for 1), then this already happens automatically.  If multiple
‘front-end’ clients access the proxy server, then they will each automatically
get a copy of the transcoded stream (yet the transcoding will be done only

However, if you’re asking for 2), then this is not possible with the current
proxy server.  What you *can* do, however, is have two (or more) separate
“ProxyServerMediaSession” objects, each using the same ‘back-end’ “rtsp://“
URL, but transcoded differently.  This will cause multiple copies of the
‘back-end’ stream to come from the camera to the proxy server.  (You could
avoid this, however, by putting *another* proxy server between the proxy server
and the ‘back-end’ camera stream.)

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.

live-devel mailing list