From: live-devel <live-devel-boun...@us.live555.com> on behalf of Ross
Finlayson <finlay...@live555.com>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 5:13:51 PM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Could not play h265 video over mpeg-ts

> On Jan 17, 2020, at 5:42 AM, Avramoni, Sorin <sorin.avram...@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to send video H265 and audio AAC  from a camera and a mic using
> MPEG-TS, I previously sent video and audio using two rtsp sessions
> withH265VideoRTPSink and MPEG4GenericRTPSink and it works.

If you have already been able to stream raw video and raw audio over RTP, I’m
not sure why you would then want to package and stream them in a Transport
Stream (something that increases latency and network bandwidth).  But anyway…

> Here is the relevant code for video hevc over mpeg-ts:

At first glance, this looks OK, except for:

> H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer* framer =
> H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew(*dev, vdoSource,false);

Because you’re outputting the H.265 NAL units into a Transport Stream (rather
than into RTP packets), the third parameter (“includeStartCodeInOutput”) to
"H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew()” should be True, not False.  (Note
that the input NAL units must still *not* have a preceding ’start code’
(00000001); however, they need to be present in the Transport Stream, and
setting the “includeStartCodeInOutput” parameter to True will do this.)

If this doesn’t fix your problem, then I suggest starting with our
“testH265VideoToTransportStream” demo application (in the “testProgs”
directory).  Make sure that this works OK for you (using a H.265 Elementary
Stream video file from your camera).

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.
http://www.live555.com/