Well put, Ben!  I've often thought one of the fun and stimulating aspects of
the list is the fact that not absolutely every thread is boating related.
It's kinda like the bar at the yacht club. The common denominator of
everyone there is love of boating but the range of lively conversations can
encompass a wide range of intellectual topics (except politics!!!) some of
which have nothing to do with boating but are the result of a group of
intellectually curious people.  And then there are the Neanderthals with
absolutely nothing going on between their ears except their teeny little
preoccupation with what directly interests them and don't have the
intellectual curiosity to expand their world.

If the world were left to those intellectually challenged I guess we'd still
all be afraid of falling off the edge of the flat earth.

In any event, I'm going back to Spring Commissioning....

Steve Weinstein
S/V CAPTIVA
1997 Hunter 376, Hull #376
Sailing out of Oyster Bay, NY

All outgoing mail protected by VIPRE A/V