Cristian,

> > I wanted to make a Fedora livecd using the stable vanilla kernel. How do I
> > make sure that this kernel (and not the fedora kernel) is pulled in by the
> > livecd?
>
> Create a custom kernel RPM, put it in a custom repository and use that
> repository to create the live C

Thank you for this! I guess I was not clear earlier (sorry). I think that I
have to add a repo such as:

repo --name=kernel-vanilla-stable
--baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/thl/kernel-vanilla-stable/fedora-$releasever/$basearch/

This will possibly bring in the latest kernel, etc from
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/thl/kernel-vanilla-stable/fedora-24/x86_64/

My question is: how does the livecd know to install/use this kernel as opposed
to the Fedora distribution stock kernel?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan