On 4 February 2016 at 10:04, Ravitheja Addepally
<ravithejaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Pavel,
>                 In the case of expression evaluation approach you mentioned
> that:
> 1. The data could be accessible only when the target is stopped. why is that
> ?
If I understand the approach correctly, the idea is the run all perf
calls as expressions in the debugger. Something like
lldb> expr perf_event_open(...)
We need to stop the target to be able to do something like that, as we
need to fiddle with its registers. I don't see any way around that...

> 2. What sort of noise were you referring to ?
Since now all the perf calls will be expressions executed within the
context of the process being traced, they themselves will show up in
the trace. I am sure we could filter that out somehow, but it feels
like an added complication..

Does that make it any clearer?

pl