On 11/26/2014 03:23 PM, Jerin Jacob wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 02:53:50PM +0300, Maxim Uvarov wrote:
On 11/26/2014 12:25 PM, Ola Liljedahl wrote:
On 26 November 2014 at 09:39, Alexandru Badicioiu
<alexandru.badici...@linaro.org> wrote:
This patch has no description. The title is not self explanatory either.
Also the existence of eth0 should be verified  before mapping the loop0 to
eth0 - some platforms may use other interface names (e.g. fmX-gby for FSL
DPAA platforms).  I think a better solution would be to enumerate the
available interfaces  and pick a suitable one.
I second that opinion. On my ChromeBook (great development
platforms!), the only Ethernet-like
interface is called mlan0.
Hm, renaming should be done to some predictable name. eth0 is very common
for linux.
If it's not so that can be changed with export ODP_PKTIO_LOOPDEV="mlan0".

I can walk over the list but not sure how to select interface that can be
used.

IMO we should  have an ODP API to enumerate all the available pktio ports
in a given platform as strings along with a bitmap to represent their
capability(like PKTIO_CAP_LOOPBACK)
So that application can choose the pktio based on the capability.
We can use our odp_xxxx_xxxx_next API model for enumeration.

+1

Instead of bitmap it can some struct.