On 12/04/17 11:32, Maxim Uvarov wrote:

> >> Any progress on this?
> >
> > This is getting mildly ridiculous now — it's nearing three months since I
> > initially submitted this simple example patch, and there's still no end in
> > sight! Maxim: any status updates?
> >

> Dmitry wanted to write some big review for that patch. But I do not see
> anything here. People commented on 128 bit instructions in examples and
> nobody set their review-by. I will rise question about your patch one
> more time on arch call. I can not include things where we did not get
> common agreement. I do not see anything bad with this patch but we need
> account all existence odp platforms.

I totally appreciate that some form of agreement needs to be reached before a
given patch can be merged, but I don't think that leaving me in the dark about
the status of such issues is a particularly good way to run things. (This is
hardly a healthy process for encouraging contributions.)

As I mentioned in the previous discussions (to no response), lock-based
compare exchange implementations are perfectly acceptable, and thus there
should not be any earth shattering compatibility issues here.