On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <
dmitry.ereminsoleni...@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 23 October 2017 at 20:56, Bill Fischofer <bill.fischo...@linaro.org>
> wrote:
> > 2. All other IPsec events are reported as events of type
> ODP_EVENT_PACKET,
> > subtype ODP_EVENT_PACKET_IPSEC with appropriate error/warning bits set.
> > Implementations are free to use dummy packets to communicate events like
> > IPsec disable completion. Such dummy packets should have an
> > odp_packet_len() of 0. Applications should not attempt to use these as
> > actual packets, but instead take appropriate action in response to the
> > notification and then free them.
>
> Started to work on implementation. What pool should IPsec use as a source
> of those packets?

Since they are dummy packets they can be handled the same way you'd handle
status events. They're just reported as "packets" but they cannot be
directly used as such by the application. I believe you had a private pool
for those so these can be drawn from the same.