Hello,

I was thinking about another minor part of IPsec RFCs: dummy packets
used to mask traffic statistics. IPsec implementation is required to
drop ESP packets with NH = 59 (no next header) on receiver side and is
expected to be able to generate these packets on transmitter side.
Currently we do not provide a way to inject these packets in any way.

Possible solutions:

TX side:
 - Add API call to transmit single packet.

 - Extend transmit parameters to specify next header (IPv4, IPv6 or
NoNH) for each packet to be transmitted (per-packet or per-odp call).

 - ???

RX side:
 - Silently drop NoNH packets

 - Report NoNH packets to app via error or status event mechanism.

 - ???

--
With best wishes
Dmitry