I have figured out why this test is failing on my machine, I don't have the
'zip' utility installed by default.

I did a bit of debugging on this as well, log4cxx does not currently check
to see what the exit status of the process is as well.  Due to how APR
works as well, we get back an exit code of 255 from the child process in
the apr_proc_wait call in zipcompressaction.cpp.  Normally, this should be
ENOENT(or APR_ENOENT), but APR returns -1 if any of the exec calls fail.

There's three things that could be changed here it seems:

   1. If return code is 255, return false from ZipCompressAction::execute
   2. If return code is 255, throw exception from ZipCompressAction::execute
   3. Ignore this.

-Robert Middleton