We've seen this also on Solaris.... and using some commercial memory-test
tools, one of my developers had identified a memory leak, and fixed it.
We've using 0.9.7 -- a modified version.  If you're interested, you can try
it out on VC++ and see if it works for you.

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

             Mark
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       Log4CXX User
             08/24/2006 11:01          <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [SPAM] Re: memory leaks, when
              "Log4CXX User"           terminate threads
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ging.apache.org>

I am using the current code, but I've also never been
able to use log4cxx in multiple threads in VC++
without experiencing memory leaks (reported both by
the VS debugger and Memory Leak Detector).

I have posted a few times but have not gotten a
solution.

I ended up using custom messages to the main thread
and logging the thread's messages from there.

http://www.nabble.com/memory-leaks%2C-when-terminate-threads-tf2158681.html#a5964004