oh, you actually need more than just maven, read the installation guide for Chainsaw:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/chainsaw/trunk/HOWTOBUILD.txt

in the bridge's case, you only need log4j 1.2.15-SNAPSHOT from the branch svn, and the log4j-component and receivers to build the whole project (they're needed to compile the Receiver).

It's actually not going to be simple as I thought it would to build this.

Paul