On Nov 15, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

Can we get the maven dependencies corrected so we don't break maven and
others?

See
http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry? publicid=9FDCA6751DE11295AD0049F5DB17
F461&token=

Its fixed in the subversion repo. All that would be necessary is to do a 1.2.16 release. There isn't a good mechanism for changing the metadata after a release.

There was a suggestion to set the scope to "provided", but from my reading that isn't appropriate since if you are running or building JMX or JMS on a J2SE environment those aren't provided by the JRE, though they would be if you were running on a J2EE. Guess we could ask on the maven-user list for a definitive suggestion, but I think optional is appropriate and provided is wrong.

We aren't breaking the building of Maven or Ivy itself as far as I know. Only that projects built with Maven or Ivy that upgrade to 1.2.15, it should be fixed, but it should not break anyone without a first action on their part.

So I guess the right action is to proceed with a 1.2.16 release. If you have any issues that you think must be in 1.2.16, add them as blockers to bug 43313.