On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:55 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 07/04/2010, at 12:41 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> I've copied the .zip and .tar.gz to the master distribution site and then
>> out to the mirrors.
>>
>> While investigating the new procedure to push releases out to the Maven
>> master repo, I saw that the -javadoc.jar was missing LICENSE and NOTICE as
>> required by
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-other-artifacts.  I have
>> removed just those files from http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo
>> and will proceed to sync the other artifacts.
>
> Will you be amending them and adding them later? It would be preferable to
> have them present in the repository for Maven users.
>
> - Brett

I could manually tweak the jar file to add the LICENSE and NOTICE and to remove
.svn and .svn-base files that were also present in the javadoc.jar and then put
just that artifact up for a vote.  Fixing it right would require either
changing the Maven plugin or adding steps in our build to correct it after it
is built and should be done for 1.2.17.

I've asked for sync'ing instructions on reposit...@apache since the process has
apparently changed.  I haven't had a response yet and have not taken any
actions, so 1.2.16 is not yet on its way to the Maven repo and its mirrors.
Are you familiar with the current process?  Would it be better to delay pushing
syncing the Maven repo until we have a replacement javadoc.jar or could we add
it at a later time?