Sadly, cutting releases is an overly complex and an error prone process.
I've not done it for Log4j but it will be a good exercise. Each project
usually has it's own BUILDING.txt or Wiki with more or less detailed
instructions, scripts, and so on. I've done it for Commons and
HttpComponenent, it's not exactly something I'd call 'fun'.

You might need to be on the PMC, I'm not sure, Ralph?

Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com