1. Why?
2. Why do you need to implement equals and hashcode? What other map are you
going to compare it with?
2. Which version? Java 8 added a bunch of new methods.

I don’t really view the thread context map as a Map. It is really nothing more
than a bunch of keys and values that I want to store that are probably not
really directly related with each other, much like HTTP session attributes.
When there are cases of wanting to iterate through the whole map we first get a
copy of it.

Ralph