i have heard people complaining about it in other sister projects in
my company. the out of memory condition generally seems to have
occurred when the application was made to process a lot of SNMP traps
in a very brief period of time. the same memory condition does not
occur when logging is turned off though. that application uses the
console and file appenders.

we are planning to use log4j version 1.2.5 for our project with the
JDBCAppender writing to Oracle. it would make me feel good if i knew
if there were any known issues with memory and Log4j.

On the aside, does anybody know since which version of Log4J, the
JDBCAppender was available ? Was it there from the very beginning ?

Regards,
Mohan.