I meant different config files.  If you move the lib/log4j.jar and
classes/log4j.properties from the shared classpath (i.e.
tomcat/common) to each webapp (i.e. webapps/app/WEB-INF) then each app
will use a separate config file.

On 8/11/06, Takacs Bence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello

 > If you don't want that to happen then you can use
 > separate configs per project
I thought, this is what theese lines do in properties file:
log4j.logger.hu.watt22.wde22.cc=DEBUG, logfile
log4j.logger.hu.watt22.wde22.cc=DEBUG, zeroconf
log4j.logger.hu.watt22.wde22.ctransfer=DEBUG, logfile
log4j.logger.hu.watt22.wde22.ctransfer=ERROR, mail
log4j.logger.hu.watt22.nowision.test=DEBUG, logfile
(where 'logfile', 'zeroconf' and 'mail' mean different appenders and
configs)

I used theese settings. Is there any other way to make different configs
for different projects?

Or this don't do the thing?

Thanks:
        Bence

James Stauffer wrote:
> Yes. When log4j is configured, it configures all of itself so it of
> course needs to be able to configure every appender.  I suppose it
> could be made to configure appender lazily but it doesn't.  It isn't
> really weird.  If you don't want that to happen then you can use
> separate configs per project.  If you want all projects to use the
> same config then you are grouping them together logically.
>
> (Note the spelling of "project".)
>
> On 8/11/06, Takacs Bence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> The projekt uses the configuration, but has no SMPTAppender attached to
>> it. You mean, that if it use a config in which I call an appender: every
>> package I use should meet the requirements of that appender?
>>
>> This would mean that all my projects would use the mail.api and
>> activation.jar because I attached the SMTPAppender to one of them.
>>
>> This would be weird.
>>
>> Thanks:
>>         Bence
>>

>> James Stauffer wrote:
>> > If a project that doesn't need to send email uses a log4j config that
>> > includes an SMPTAppender log4j still needs to configure that appender
>> > so it needs mail.jar and activation.jar.
>> > You don't want to have 2 copies of the same jar in the classpath twice.

>> framework, on
>> understand...

>> email if I
>> put the

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:538)

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)

>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.getLogger(ContainerBase.java:380)
>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4090)

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)

>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:809)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:698)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)
>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)

org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)

>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>> >> >
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
>> Method)

org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByClassName(OptionConverter.java:319)

org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java:112)

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:620)

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:603)

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:524)

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:408)

org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:432)

org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionConverter.java:460)

>> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.getLogger(Log4JLogger.java:229)

>> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.<init>(Log4JLogger.java:65)
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:529)

James Stauffer