>> I meant different config files.  If you move the lib/log4j.jar and
>> classes/log4j.properties from the shared classpath (i.e.
>> tomcat/common) to each webapp (i.e. webapps/app/WEB-INF) then each
>> app will use a separate config file.

...but

>> > You are telling them all to use the same config so you are having
>> > them all use the same log4j instance.

So, my question is: if there is no common config file in the tomcat/shared/classes how can I tell different projects to use a common config?

How can I "tell them"?

Thanks:
        Bence

You said, that I can use

James Stauffer wrote:
I don't understand your question. How what? How to use separate config files?

from config file? can the config file make a reference to an other
config file? what is the syntax of this command?

Thanks:
        Bence