Yes, that is the correct answer.  As a matter of course you should never cause
a file to be open for write from a) multiple web applications or b) multiple
processes without using file locking. Note that RollingFileAppender clearly
says it does not support file locking - there are just too many issues with it
when trying to roll the files from multiple web apps or containers.

Ralph