I looked over that stackoverflow post and I'm still not seeing a good match as
a way for us to log our business events.

A business event I guess is an event which extends whatever schema we come up
with for a business event.  While an instance of this schema could be logged at
any level, that really doesn't make sense in our scenario, regardless of
whether some marker was supplied.  If we had some way to know an event is a
business event we wouldn't need level.  We could of course add some property to
our schema which indicates the 'category' of the event, 'business' being one
such category.  Instead we were thinking we could just use level to indicate
that an event is a business event.

As I mentioned, we're looking to capture 'trace' level events to one store,
'info' - 'fatal' level events to another store, and 'business' events to yet
another store.  For 'trace' and 'info' - 'fatal' it seems reasonable to filter
on level within the appender to get those events to the appropriate location.
It seemed reasonable to do something similar for 'business'.

I also looked into the EventLogger but not sure that's appropriate.  For one we
lose the granularity to control a specific piece of code from generating
business events.  This is most likely a non-issue as I have mentioned that we
don't want to turn business logging off.  The other is that we lose the name of
the logger as it would be the same for everyone.  Not sure this is that big a
deal either as I guess you might be able to capture component name, though I
would rather distinguish using logger name.

Thanks,
Nick