We're attempting to capture error, or info, events that our plugins raise.  For
instance, we wrote a domain sockets appender.  If that domain sockets appender
has trouble connecting to the domain socket we'd like to know about it.  In
addition, we'd like to know about it centrally so that we don't have to monitor
each of the boxes our code is running on.  We therefore have a "logging"
appender which writes to an http endpoint.  The log messages our plugins emit
will get forwarded to this logging appender (via the configuration) in hopes to
get these issues to a central location.  Of course if the http appender has
trouble communicating with the http endpoint there's not much we can report on
that, though I guess we could write to the StatusLogger at that point.

I hope I explained it well enough so that you understand what it is we're
trying to do.

Thanks,
Nick