Hi Arash, configuring ’System.property’, ‘classpath’ are the basic nuts and
bolts of Java. If you have done any amount of programming  in Java though
basic. this should be self explanatory.

try revisiting the basics and start executing java programs *without* an IDE —
this will be a good exercise.

Now, having said that: log4j2 will “automatically” detect your configuration
available in the supported formats (points 1-9 in the section “Automatic
Configuration”). Optionally,  if your config is in another place or you would
like to pick it up from a different location other than your project — only
then you need to set the property log4j.configurationFile .

I hope this makes it clear.

Best,
Chandra

----