Hi Log4Net Developers,

I am Kanchan Mehrotra, a Senior Test Lead on the ASP.NET team. I am reaching
out to you as you are contributors to the Log4Net package which is popular in
the .NET community. We would like to discuss with you plans for releasing
support for your package for ASP.NET vNext<https://www.asp.net/vnext>. ASP.NET
vNext is a new, lean and composable framework for building Web and cloud
applications. It is open source<https://github.com/aspnet/home>,
cross-platform<http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdev/archive/2014/08/12/develop-asp-net-vnext-applications-on-a-mac.aspx>,
 and supports true side-by-side versioning. ASP.NET vNext is "The Future of
.NET on the
Server<http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2014/DEV-B385>" and
we are very excited about what it brings to the .NET community!

As a part of our testing to understand the porting experience to ASP.NET vNext
we ported some parts of your package source to use the latest preview release
of ASP.NET vNext. We would like to share our initial investigations with you.
Jiří Činčura, Daniel Roth and I met earlier and thought it would be great to
include some of you in these discussions so please do let me know who on the
project owners team should we involve in these discussions to share more
information about ASP.Net vNext and support Serilog on this new stack.

Thanks,
Kanchan