Github user bodewig commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/log4net/pull/16

    @jasonwilliams200OK, thanks, but too late, I went off fixing it myself
before I saw you comment. :-)

    I'll diff my svn tree against a checkout of @chlowell's original branch to
verify whether I missed more patch failures. It's pretty strange as I don't
recall seeing any "hunk failed" messages.

    BTW, this is the test result on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04, but I don't think it
matters):

    ```
    Errors and Failures
    1) Failed :
log4net.Tests.Appender.RollingFileAppenderTest.TestExclusiveLockLocks
      Log contents is not what is expected
      String lengths are both 38. Strings differ at index 0.
      Expected: "This is a message\nThis is a message 2\n"
      But was:  "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0This is a message 2\n"
      -----------^
    at log4net.Tests.Appender.RollingFileAppenderTest.AssertFileEquals(String
filename, String contents) in
/devel/ASF/log4net/trunk/tests/src/Appender/RollingFileAppenderTest.cs:line 1470
    at log4net.Tests.Appender.RollingFileAppenderTest.TestExclusiveLockLocks()
in /devel/ASF/log4net/trunk/tests/src/Appender/RollingFileAppenderTest.cs:line
1570
    Run Settings
        WorkDirectory: /devel/ASF/log4net/trunk/netstandard
    Test Run Summary
      Overall result: Failed
      Test Count: 145, Passed: 136, Failed: 1, Inconclusive: 0, Skipped: 8
        Failed Tests - Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Invalid: 0
        Skipped Tests - Ignored: 8, Explicit: 0, Other: 0
      Start time: 2016-08-13 16:05:11Z
        End time: 2016-08-13 16:05:14Z
        Duration: 2,964 seconds
    Results saved as /devel/ASF/log4net/trunk/netstandard/TestResult.xml
    SUMMARY: Total: 1 targets, Passed: 0, Failed: 1.
    ```

---
with INFRA.
---