The author of the issue is most probably not subscribed to the mailing
list, therefore i quote you in the issue tracker.

On 13 Dec 2016 5:16 p.m., "Raymond Sanchez" <agileraym...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Dominik,

I upgrade my database to 9.5.4 and it works fine. Cristian, are you able to
push your project to Github?

If you are not able to do so, check the raw sql query being sent to
Postgres. I have seen .net providers sending incorrect column names to the
database.

Hope this helps.




On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Dominik Psenner <dpsen...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Raymond,
>
> have you already tried to migrate to postgresql 9.5 or newer?
>
> Best regards,
> Dominik
> On 2016-12-12 16:06, Raymond Sanchez wrote:
>
> What version of Postgresql are you using?
>
> Our company is using 9.4.5 and log4net 1.2.15 with no issues.
>
>
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Cristian Margescu (JIRA) <j...@apache.org
> > wrote:
>
>>
>>     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-538?page=com.a
>> tlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&
>> focusedCommentId=15741894#comment-15741894 ]
>>
>> Cristian Margescu commented on LOG4NET-538:
>> -------------------------------------------
>>
>> Hi,
>> I would be glad to but I have time as of 20th this month. So if there is
>> no real hurry would be my pleasure. you can contact me per email with
>> details.
>> Thank You
>>
>> > AdoNetAppender to PostgreSQL
>> > ----------------------------
>> >
>> >                 Key: LOG4NET-538
>> >                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-538
>> >             Project: Log4net
>> >          Issue Type: Bug
>> >          Components: Appenders
>> >    Affects Versions: 1.2.15
>> >         Environment: C#
>> >            Reporter: Cristian Margescu
>> >              Labels: patch
>> >
>> > I am using the AdoNetAppender to log audits to the database. I was
>> using until some time the 1.2.13 version with a configuration for MSSQL or
>> PostgreSQL which inserted practically data as json strings that will later
>> be interpreted by another tool using the following appender configuration.
>> > EX: <appender name="NpgsqlAppender" type="log4net.Appender.AdoNetA
>> ppender">
>> >     <filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelRangeFilter">
>> >       <levelMin value="AUDIT" />
>> >       <levelMax value="AUDIT" />
>> >     </filter>
>> >     <bufferSize value="1"/>
>> >     <connectionType
>> >       value="Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection, Npgsql" />
>> >     <connectionString
>> >       value="Server={myServer};Port=5432;Database={database};User
>> Id={myuser};Password={mypassword}" />
>> >     <commandText value="INSERT INTO audit (message) VALUES (@message);"
>> />
>> >     <reconnectOnError value="true" />
>> >     <useTransactions value="false"/>
>> >     <parameter>
>> >       <parameterName value="@message" />
>> >       <dbType value="String" />
>> >       <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout" >
>> >         <conversionPattern value="%message"/>
>> >       </layout>
>> >     </parameter>
>> >   </appender>
>> > It worked great until I have updated to 1.2.15 and then we have noticed
>> that the PosgreSQL appender did not worked any more. After doing some
>> research and testing I have narrowed it down to the AdoNetAppender
>> > that probably has a problem with the parameters because it shows a PG
>> error 47203 as column "message" not found.
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
>> (v6.3.4#6332)
>>
>
>
>

Reply via email to