Hi Dominink,

We had asked this query originally with regards to race condition observed
in multi threaded windows service and you had provided solution to it as
follows :

"
Hi again,

based on the information that you have multiple processes running, I think
that two processes decided to roll files at the same time. This probably has
caused a race condition and that again caused the show to stop.

The good news is that this scenario has been adressed in the latest log4net
release (1.2.15) and for you this means that you could try to update log4net
and see if the issue does no longer occur. Let us know what you try and what
the outcome was.

Cheers,
Dominik
"

As per your response above, the solution which you had suggested will going
to work only when there is a  race condition among multiple processes and
not among multiple threads of the same process ? Please confirm.

With addition to above confirmation, we are still looking for your reply on
following :

"whether setting "preserveLogFileNameExtension" configuration to True may
lead log4net to race condition. "

Let us know your feedback on this as soon as possible as we want to decide
our further direction depending on this.

Regards,
Kinnar