On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Martin Evans wrote:

> Since the upgrade we are getting no logging in one of the files we
> expected to get it. After a bit of searching around I discovered the
> module we were using was doing this:
>
> local $Log::Log4perl::caller_depth = $Log::Log4perl::caller_depth + 1;
> $h{logger} = Log::Log4perl->get_logger();
> and the fix was to change the order of those lines.

Thanks for reporting this, although I have a hard time imaginining how
increasing the caller_depth and then getting a logger would be different
from what you'd get if you did it in the reverse order. Not to mention
that it's puzzling why this would change the logging behavior, as
caller_depth is used mainly for cosmetic reasons in certain features
of the pattern layout.

Can you provide a snippet of code that reproduces the problem in full?
That would really help track down the root of the problem.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Mike Schilli
m...@perlmeister.com