Dear friends,

We can look back at Goedel's work as one early attempt of fibring of formal
systems. Thus, the problem of determining the consistency and the
completeness of the system seems to be like the same problem for a given
logic L which is obtained by the fibring of two logics L* and L**. First
order arithmetics is thus the fibring of first order logic and Peano's
arithmetics, which yields the known results presented by Goedel.

We have no a priori intuitive reason to assume that a certain fibring will
produce a consistent and complete system. This has to be checked as the
systems are combined. If in combining two systems one produces results like
those of Goedel's theorems, it must still be possible to investigate the
resulting system by investigating other features of the same, namely
checking whether it has different, new, unusual or unexpected properties.

In sum, I don't expect to see novelties that can or will overshadow Goedel's
contributions, except in consequence of more advances in the field of
fibring.