Piers Cawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> David Hodgkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Given another spate of layoffs last week, I'd just like to point out
> > that Reading Room are hiring good Perl, Linux/Solaris/Anything,
> > MySQL/Oracle/DBS/Anything hackers.
>
> Where is Reading Room? And are you talking permies or contractors. And
> if only permies, what can you do to tempt a contractor?

Halfway up Dean St and the bottom of Wardour. Permies. Probably
nothing, some cute graphic designers maybe?

The technology is erm, pragmatic. Cheap-ass client sites get boshed
out in Cold Fusion, the big sites whatever the 500lb gorilla
says. This has been Websphere (boo!), Silverstream (boo!), Interwoven
(boo!), Autonomy (yay!), Oracle (boo!), MySQL (yay-ish) and a few
others.

I'd like to see a couple of "real programmers" and a sysadmin nazi in
there before things get really out of hand. The programming slaves are
pretty bright but largely unled.

Picture painted?

Cheers,

Dave