Philip Newton wrote:
> James Royan wrote:
> > Just so that I get my facts straight, could the list suggest
> > maybe 4 or 5 really well known sites that I could point to
> > which are definitely known to use Perl in a big way?
>
> Besides Blackstar? :-)
>
> This question was posted to clpmisc (I think. Or maybe
> de.clpmisc) just a couple of days ago. I'll try to find it.
> If I do, I'll post the followups.
>
> Amazon.com was one of them, I believe. I think mp3.com was
> also mentioned.

Yes. The question is <93ku8m$h25$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (aka
http://x52.deja.com/threadmsg_ct.xp?AN=714612447.1 which also shows you the
thread). Author "webqueen, queen of the web <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>", Subject
"are there sites with Perl Advocacy examples?", Date "Thu, 11 Jan 2001
18:32:54 GMT".

Someone using the pseudonym "David H. Adler" pointed webqueen to
http://perl.oreilly.com/news/success_stories.html , which Dave Cross also
pointed to. "Maggert" listed mp3.com, NASA, and Sandia Labs.

Cheers,
Philip