* Tony Bowden ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 04:53:57PM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > I started learning Japanese when the NI administration decided to teach
> > it to joint classes of catholic children and protestant children. Hence
> > it was a good way to meet a brand new batch of girls. I stopped soon after.
>
> Hey ... I never got opportunities like that!

well you had to a particular ``sensitive'' and ``caring'' individual,
able to deal with the harsh realities of the ``enforced prejudices''

> Was this only out in strange places?

Ballymena is not a strange place! But i think it was across N.I. even
the more backward places such as Cullybacy, Carnlough and of course
Belfast

> Or just after/before my time?

way after your time Tony, way way way after --- just the hip young
things like me got this sort of thing (this is my attempt to hang
on the every slipping idea that i am still young)

anyway back to watching Detroit Rock City

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                          http://www.mccarroll.uklinux.net