* James O'Sullivan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> A change control document will normally be produced which will detail what
> the client wants, how much it will cost and what the effects are on the
> project timeline.  This will need to be read and physically signed off by
> the client before any work is undertaken.

i've always been very fond of change control documents and work order
documents (those of you who were at ebookers at the time i was there
will remember this), however they really come in to their own when
they are tied to one of my other great loves - VCS's

so that all changes are associated with some form of work order - of
course the fun is making it all easy for the programmer - now if only
we knew some flexible text processing language that could help
here ;-)

--
Greg McCarroll                          http://www.mccarroll.uklinux.net