On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Mark Fowler wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Marcel Grunauer wrote:
>
> > > 1. Thingys showing SQL tables.
> >
> > Have a look at http://www.codewerk.com. On the projects page, download
> > GraphViz::DBI and dbigraph.pl. See the sample database table graph linked
> > from that page. I'm working on making it more flexible and pretty.
>
> Oooh, ahhh.  Looks really nice.  Now the only problem with this is
> that it requires me to actually have created the database.  We're not at
> this stage yet (though I will see if I can knock up a diagram of our
> current old database schema so we can have some reference.)

Gnome Dia has been quite good for designed classes and database
tables. Also worth a look is gnome-db which provides a nice UI to the
database. Only problem is that there doesn't appear to be anything that
offers Visio's reverse engineer database option.

I am looking for some dia scripts to generate dia xml from perl classes or
databases thru dbi/odbc. I might have to write an xml generator by reusing
code from GraphViz::DBI or just from scratch. Anyone else been working on
something like that before I start?

> Oh, there seems to be something odd with that server set up.  Because
> my copy of Gnome-Terminal does url catching I can Ctrl-Click on any url
> and it pops up in netscape.  However, being a good url catcher it matches
> the '.' at the end of the url (as it should do.)  Now this is really odd,
> as 'http://www.codewerk.com./' does not show the same thing as
> 'http://www.codewerk.com/' (which it should do as
> 'www.codewerk.com.profero.com' or 'www.codewerk.com.loc0.profero.com'
> doesn't exist on our network.) This is most odd.  I've tried it from other
> locations (via the wonders of ssh tunnelling) and I get the same thing.

I had that problem - try http:://www.codewerk.com/projects.html

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a