* alex ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> > I'd like to think i'm a reasonably good business person as well
> > as engineer, i don't think we will have a problem with this sort
> > of expertise.
> >

> I do not question the amount of business expertise available to this
> committee. I question the capability of a YAS-type entity to operate
> without funding and salaried staff. If an entity is investable or more
> obviously sponsorable then it might be a lot easier to get seed funding
> from someone like O'Reilly or IBM.

YAS has already had `salaried' staff and grants so thats not that
new a thing, if the certification brings in cash i'm sure some of
it can be redirected to the costs. But I am keen to see the certification
content first before we get bogged down in theoretical balance sheets.

(imho)

--
Greg McCarroll                          http://www.mccarroll.uklinux.net