On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:11:07PM +0100, Dean wrote:

> Question for the list, i'm currently writing some scripts for a HP box
> running HPUX 11 and i keep hitting the same error when ever i try and use
> something (even 'use strict;'.) The error is "syntax error in file p2.pl
> at line 2, next 2 tokens "use strict" ". The file is a noddy script with
>
> #!/usr/contrib/bin/perl
> use strict;
>
> print "Working...\n";
>
> Does anyone on list have any experience with perl on this platform and know
> if i need to change the shebang or anything similar.

do perl -v to find out what version you have.  If use of use is causing
problems then you may have a (fear) perl4 there.  If that's the case,
kill someone slowly and painfully.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **